Monday, April 4, 2016

Update on the 1966 Chevy.

Hello Everyone,

I am sad for this to be close to the last post on the 1966 Chevy, I have been restoring. I have had to come to a really tough decision on the truck I got from my dad. I was informed last week that I was losing a grant to finish up my Accounting Degree. Without this grant I wouldn't be able to get my degree. I really want to finish this up and have a better life for my family.  After long thought and no sleep, I decided to sell my 1966 Chevy me and my husband has been in the process of restoring. I am selling it for the money so I can finish my education. I also had called and had a long talk with my dad about what can be done without selling the truck and to get his advice. 

The words my dad said to me was "You will have to make a choice. Keep the truck and not finish your education. Or sell the truck and have enough to finish your education. You will have to decide what is best for you and what you really want for your life. There will be no hard feelings from me if you sell the truck. I know you had it in your heart to restore the truck and and pass it down to your kids. But sometimes you have to make tough choices to get though life."  

Come tomorrow afternoon the truck will have a new owner. Yes, this saddens me a lot. My dad got this truck when I graduated high school 16 years ago and I have always wanted this truck. I really had it in my heart to restore this truck and keep it in the family. But the good part of this, is my nephew's dad is buying this truck from me. His intentions is to finish restoring the truck and pass it down to my nephew when he is old enough to have it. 

I do have some pictures of what we have done, that I will share next week. I hope you enjoyed keeping up with the restoring process. I think each one of you for reading and seeing step by step what we have done. Maybe later down the road I will have a chance to restore another truck just like this one. I will be really sad to see this one go, but it is for the greater good. 

Everyone have a great week!! Thank you for reading!!

~Sylvia~


 

No comments:

Post a Comment